Remember to perform each exercise for 1 minute, rest for 1 minute, then do the next exercise on the list. Try to repeat the entire circuit 3 times!!
1 min high knees- Stand tall with your feet placed about hip-width apart. Lift your right knee up higher than your hips aiming towards your chest then lower it back down. As you lower your right knee down, start to bring up your left knee higher than hip level. Keep repeating by alternating your legs and lifting them as high as you can as quickly as you can.
1 min of jogging in place
1 min of jump roping in place- Pretend that you are jumping rope by taking tiny hops with both legs at the same time and circling the arms
1. Tuck Jumps- Begin in a comfortable standing position with your knees slightly bent. Hold your hands in front of you, palms down with your fingertips together at chest height. Rapidly dip down into a quarter squat and immediately explode upward. Drive the knees towards the chest, attempting to touch them to the palms of the hands while in the air.Jump as high as you can, raising your knees up, and then ensure a good land be re-extending your legs, absorbing impact through be allowing the knees to rebend.
2. Jump Lunges (alternating legs)- Begin in a lunge position (1 leg in front, 1 leg behind- both bent at 90 degrees). Jump up and quickly swap leg positions in mid-air, while keeping your torso straight. Raise your hands to gain height by using your momentum. Land in the lunge position with your opposite leg in front, bending your knees to absorb the impact. Go straight into the next jump switching your feet once more and landing in your original lunge position.
3. Jump Squats- Very similar to the tuck jump, but instead of trying to bring your knees high in the air, start in a deep squat and explode straight up with arms in the air and legs straight. Land the motion in a deep squat with knees bent. Try to go right into the next squat jump without taking breaks or pauses in between
4. Goblet Squat Jumping Jacks- Follow the instructions for the jump squat, but instead of your knees and feet being hip width apart and pointed straight, try to open your hips more. Your feet should be pointing about 45 degrees out and your knees should stay in line with your hips, also pointing out.
5. Straight Leg Scissor Kicks- Stand upright with arms extended in front of you at 90 degrees. Keep the legs straight the entire time while kicking one leg out in front of you then switching legs. Continue alternating leg positions with feet spending as little time as possible in contact with the floor.
6. Mountain Climbers- Stand with your arms by your sides, feet together. Bend down and put your hands shoulder width apart on the floor. Place yourself in the basic push-up position with your arms in line with your chest and your legs straight. Bring one leg forward towards your chest, then return it back to both legs out straight. Switch legs and bring the other knee to your chest. Repeat this “running or mountain climbing” motion as quickly as possible.
7. Burpees WITH a push up- Begin in a standing position with feet shoulder-width apart.Lower your body into a squatting position, placing your hands on the floor in front of you. Kick your feet out so that you are in a push up position. Lower chest towards the ground and do an actual push up. Kick your feet back to their original position to stand up, then jump into the air to finish the motion. Repeat!